Re: Patch for sh syntax file

  • Kevin Ballard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Ok, nevermind. That was due to a screw-up on my part. Hunk #1 was
      actually invalid (it was changing the Last Updated line at the top, and
      it was invalid because I had opened the patchfile in Vim and my
      auto-Last Updated hook erroneously updated it in the Patchfile), and
      when I re-patched with that fixed I forgot to restore the original. So
      basically, the patch does work once I fix Hunk #1 and actually do the
      patch correctly.

      Here's the patchfile with Hunk #1 fixed.
    • Kevin Ballard
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        Oh, just to clarify, when I posted the patch to the list I originally
        tried emailing it to the listed maintainer, but that bounced. So please
        don't just dismiss this as noise on the list.

        --
        Kevin Ballard
        kevin@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
          Kevin Ballard wrote:

          > I posted this almost a month ago and got no response. What does it take
          > to get a patch against a syntax file committed, or at least looked at?

          Look in the header of the syntax file, the maintainer is mentioned
          there. Not all maintainers read the maillist, you need to send a
          message directly to him. If the maintainer doesn't respond, then you
          can report this on the maillist and try to find a solution.

          --
          A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer

        • Kevin Ballard
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
            bounce.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
              Kevin Ballard wrote:

              > See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
              > bounce.

              Charles Campbell is a regular poster on the Vim maillists, you should
              have no trouble finding his new e-mail address.

              6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.