Re: Patch for sh syntax file

  • Kevin Ballard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Odd.. I just tested the patch against my current installation (Vim
      6.3.58 installed via DarwinPorts) and hunks 2-10 are failing, despite
      the syntax file appearing to be unchanged from Vim 6.3.35. I'll try to
      figure out why this is happening, but the important thing is, if I do
      come up with a fixed patch that works against 6.3.58, will someone
      actually look at it and consider committing it?

      --
      Kevin Ballard
      kevin@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        Ok, nevermind. That was due to a screw-up on my part. Hunk #1 was
        actually invalid (it was changing the Last Updated line at the top, and
        it was invalid because I had opened the patchfile in Vim and my
        auto-Last Updated hook erroneously updated it in the Patchfile), and
        when I re-patched with that fixed I forgot to restore the original. So
        basically, the patch does work once I fix Hunk #1 and actually do the
        patch correctly.

        Here's the patchfile with Hunk #1 fixed.
      • Kevin Ballard
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
          Oh, just to clarify, when I posted the patch to the list I originally
          tried emailing it to the listed maintainer, but that bounced. So please
          don't just dismiss this as noise on the list.

          --
          Kevin Ballard
          kevin@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            Kevin Ballard wrote:

            > I posted this almost a month ago and got no response. What does it take
            > to get a patch against a syntax file committed, or at least looked at?

            Look in the header of the syntax file, the maintainer is mentioned
            there. Not all maintainers read the maillist, you need to send a
            message directly to him. If the maintainer doesn't respond, then you
            can report this on the maillist and try to find a solution.

            --
            A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer

          • Kevin Ballard
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
              See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
              bounce.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
                Kevin Ballard wrote:

                > See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
                > bounce.

                Charles Campbell is a regular poster on the Vim maillists, you should
                have no trouble finding his new e-mail address.

                6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.