Re: Patch for sh syntax file

  • Kevin Ballard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      I posted this almost a month ago and got no response. What does it take
      to get a patch against a syntax file committed, or at least looked at?

      --
      Kevin Ballard
      kevin@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        Odd.. I just tested the patch against my current installation (Vim
        6.3.58 installed via DarwinPorts) and hunks 2-10 are failing, despite
        the syntax file appearing to be unchanged from Vim 6.3.35. I'll try to
        figure out why this is happening, but the important thing is, if I do
        come up with a fixed patch that works against 6.3.58, will someone
        actually look at it and consider committing it?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
          Ok, nevermind. That was due to a screw-up on my part. Hunk #1 was
          actually invalid (it was changing the Last Updated line at the top, and
          it was invalid because I had opened the patchfile in Vim and my
          auto-Last Updated hook erroneously updated it in the Patchfile), and
          when I re-patched with that fixed I forgot to restore the original. So
          basically, the patch does work once I fix Hunk #1 and actually do the
          patch correctly.

          Here's the patchfile with Hunk #1 fixed.
        • Kevin Ballard
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            Oh, just to clarify, when I posted the patch to the list I originally
            tried emailing it to the listed maintainer, but that bounced. So please
            don't just dismiss this as noise on the list.

            --
            Kevin Ballard
            kevin@...
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
              Kevin Ballard wrote:

              > I posted this almost a month ago and got no response. What does it take
              > to get a patch against a syntax file committed, or at least looked at?

              Look in the header of the syntax file, the maintainer is mentioned
              there. Not all maintainers read the maillist, you need to send a
              message directly to him. If the maintainer doesn't respond, then you
              can report this on the maillist and try to find a solution.

              --
              A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer

            • Kevin Ballard
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
                See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
                bounce.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
                  Kevin Ballard wrote:

                  > See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
                  > bounce.

                  Charles Campbell is a regular poster on the Vim maillists, you should
                  have no trouble finding his new e-mail address.

                  6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.