Re: Yanking a sentence problems

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2005
      Jens Paulus wrote:

      > On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 21:42:40 +0100, Jens Paulus wrote:
      > > when yanking one or more sentences there is still strange or incorrect
      > > behaviour in certain cases. For example, enter :help :norm and try to
      > > yank the first sentence of the description text using the yas command.
      > > The first sentence is this one.
      > >
      > > Execute Normal mode commands {commands}.
      > >
      > > What happens is that the cursor is left before the word {commands} in
      > > the previous line to show that it not only yanked the intended sentence.
      > > Now yank the following two sentences with the 2yas or y2as command.
      > >
      > > {commands} should be a complete command. If
      > > {commands} does not finish a command, the last one
      > > will be aborted as if <Esc> or <C-C> was typed.
      > >
      > > What happens is that these three lines are correctly yanked, but the
      >
      > please let me know if somebody can reproduce this. Actually I sometimes
      > tend to feel frustrated when I happen to see incorrect behaviour or
      > problems which others cannot reproduce. Note that these problems are
      > visible only when entered :help :norm and applied on the help text which
      > is opened.

      Please read the docs on what a sentence is and remember that 'iskeyword'
      has a different value in help files. Hint: the previous line doesn't
      end in a dot, thus it still continues there.

      Keep in mind that when Vim does not do what you expect, you may be
      expecting the wrong thing.

      --
      DENNIS: Oh, very nice. King, eh! I expect you've got a palace and fine
      clothes and courtiers and plenty of food. And how d'you get that? By