Re: Performance problem in using curly-brace variables

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2005
      Dnia sobota, 22 stycznia 2005 02:57, Yegappan Lakshmanan napisaƂ:

      > After sourcing the above script, if you invoke the Profile() function,
      > you will notice that the time taken by the first test case is much more
      > than the time taken by the second case (by several seconds).
      >
      > Can this problem be fixed in Vim7? Is there an alternative
      > to reduce the impact of this in Vim6?

      In Vim7 you will have full list/dictionaries support which should be
      much faster than curly braces variables. In addition storing of
      variables was moved to more efficient system (internal hashtables) so
      even without porting of script to new data types time of execution
      should be improved.

      I am afraid nothing can be done for Vim6 :(

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 6 Oct)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net