RE: if_ruby

  • Ryan Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
      On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 13:57 +0300, Konovalov, Vadim wrote:

      > how screen refresh bug could ever relate to if_something?

      When text is added to or removed from buffers other than the currently
      active buffer, the window did not refresh appropriately and the changes
      did not appear. I tossed a *_lines_mark call into buffer_append and
      buffer_delete to solve the problem. The bug is not with Vim's screen
      refresh code, but with the way that the current if_ruby tries to use it.

      > I want for you to think deeply when going to rewrite working Ruby
      > interface code to C.

      I appreciate your insights regarding my interest in implementing my
      interface enhancements in C rather than ruby. I have thought quite a bit
      about the implications. I strongly dislike C, but I do not think it
      would be a good idea for me to build extra layers on the current C
      implementation of the ruby interface. I want to put together an
      implementation that is more conducive to elegant extension in native
      ruby. My ruby extensions are currently a bit messy and obfuscated
      because I have to work around the deficencies of the current interface.
      My goal, ultimately, is to make writing and debugging ruby based vim
      extensions a much more intuitive process.

      --
      Ryan Paul <segphault@...>