suggested rewording in version7.txt

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14 7:50 AM
      version7.txt, lines 79 and following. There is:

      When using CTRL-A on "08" it became "018", which is illogical. Now it
      becomes "9". The leading zero(s) is(are) removed to avoid the number
      becoming octal after incrementing "009" to "010".

      I suggest:

      When using CTRL-A on "08" (and 'nrformats' includes "octal") it became
      "018", etc.

      Note: In my vimrc I set 'nrformats' to empty, i.e., decimals only. In
      that case, the old behaviour had nothing illogical, and it still occurs,
      i.e., 07 increments successively to 08, 09, 10, 11, etc.