RE: Empty registers

  • Keith Roberts
    Message 1 of 72 , Jan 4, 2005

      Excellent!

      >> But *much* more important to me would be a way to *unmark* a mark.
      >
      >Vim 7 has the ":delmarks" command for this:
      >
      >:delm[arks] {marks} Delete the specified marks. Marks that
      >can be deleted
      > include A-Z and 0-9. You cannot delete
      >the ' mark.

      This is good, but why not a-z as well? As I said, a bunch of a-z marks
      all at "1 0" location just obfuscate the listing. More importantly, if
      you tend to use specific letters for locating specific areas of the
      code, it is more useful [to me] to get a "Mark not defined" error than
      to get moved to line 1.

      -Keith
    • Jens Paulus
      Message 72 of 72 , Jan 14, 2005
        Hi Bram,

        On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:30:35 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > > > now after trying the same with the :colorscheme command it is obvious
        > > > that there is the same problem like when using the :source command. Try
        > > > it out, open the command line window with the q: command and load
        > > > different color schemes in a row, load each of them using the command
        > > > line window.
        > >
        > > please let me know if this is reproduceable when you do it.
        >
        > No, I don't see any problems with colors.

        actually this is surprising. Here is again what causes problems.

        q:icolorscheme blue<Esc><CR>
        q:icolorscheme default<Esc><CR>
        q:icolorscheme darkblue<Esc><CR>
        q:icolorscheme default<Esc><CR>