RE: Empty registers

  • Keith Roberts
    Message 1 of 72 , Jan 3, 2005

      I agree that there should be a way to make a register "disappear". This
      would be useful for shortening the list of registers you have to look
      thru for something meaningful. OTOH, :let @a="" is an easy workaround.

      But *much* more important to me would be a way to *unmark* a mark.
      Right now the best you can do is to change it to point to line 1, where
      marks aren't shown (eg, :0ma {mark}). However, it still clutters up the
      listing of marks for the buffer, obscuring what you really want to see.

      I inadvertently had CapsLock on when I wanted to set mark z, so I got 'Z
      instead.i I use sessions, so the mark is perpetually remembered! I've
      just realized that the only way to get rid of it is to close my gvim
      instance, edit the session file in another instance, then reactivate the
      original instance/session. Pain in the @$$, folks!! How difficult
      would it be to create an :unmark {mark} command?!? Seems to me it
      shouldn't be more than a couple hours work for someone who knows the
      code ...

      [but I suppose I'm an optimist :) ]

      -Keith
    • Jens Paulus
      Message 72 of 72 , Jan 14, 2005
        Hi Bram,

        On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:30:35 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > > > now after trying the same with the :colorscheme command it is obvious
        > > > that there is the same problem like when using the :source command. Try
        > > > it out, open the command line window with the q: command and load
        > > > different color schemes in a row, load each of them using the command
        > > > line window.
        > >
        > > please let me know if this is reproduceable when you do it.
        >
        > No, I don't see any problems with colors.

        actually this is surprising. Here is again what causes problems.

        q:icolorscheme blue<Esc><CR>
        q:icolorscheme default<Esc><CR>
        q:icolorscheme darkblue<Esc><CR>
        q:icolorscheme default<Esc><CR>