Re: Vim 7.0026?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      Johnny Blaze wrote:

      > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:30:27 -0600, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
      > > BTW, the latest alpha is VERY unstable - unlike any of
      > > the others. Every session is ended with an AV and an
      > > invitation to send data to Microsoft.
      >
      > I'm seeing the same. As of 9:39 PM CST the code got superbuggy..
      > Lots of crashes. I have a fairly complex statusline (that shows
      > ff,ft,modified, line position, etc) and everything but the filename is
      > a bunch of graphical symbols.

      That's why it is an alpha version. I'm now messing up the expression
      evaluation to add new data types. It's very likely to introduce a few
      problems.

      There is one patch that will help for 7.0028. Change the end of
      set_var() in src/eval.c to look like this:

      copy_var(varp, v);
      else
      {
      v->tv.var_type = varp->tv.var_type;
      v->tv.var_val.var_string = varp->tv.var_val.var_string;
      varp->tv.var_val.var_string = NULL;
      }

      That last assignment is new. Hopefully that solves these crashes.

      213. Your kids start referring to you as "that guy in front of the monitor."

    • Johnny Blaze
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:47:39 +0100, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

        > Johnny Blaze wrote:
        >
        > > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:30:27 -0600, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
        > > > BTW, the latest alpha is VERY unstable - unlike any of
        > > > the others. Every session is ended with an AV and an
        > > > invitation to send data to Microsoft.
        > >
        > > I'm seeing the same. As of 9:39 PM CST the code got superbuggy..
        > > Lots of crashes. I have a fairly complex statusline (that shows
        > > ff,ft,modified, line position, etc) and everything but the filename is
        > > a bunch of graphical symbols.
        >
        > That's why it is an alpha version. I'm now messing up the expression
        > evaluation to add new data types. It's very likely to introduce a few
        > problems.

        Just a clarification... Mine wasn't a complaint, it was a report.
        Bring on the new data types!

        --

        . o O pyromancer O o .