Re: bug report operating on rectangular area

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
      Jens Paulus wrote:

      > alright, maybe my description was wrong. Try the commands `ay<C-V>`c and
      > `ad<C-V>`c and you should see that the character at mark c is not
      > included.

      I can reproduce this one. I'll fix it.

      200. You really believe in the concept of a "paperless" office.

    • Bill McCarthy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
        On Fri 31-Dec-04 2:47pm -0600, Jens Paulus wrote:

        > alright, maybe my description was wrong. Try the commands `ay<C-V>`c and
        > `ad<C-V>`c and you should see that the character at mark c is not
        > included.

        I'm surprised that Bram sees a problem. I tried this
        from 6.3.53 and don't see the problem. When I paste
        the yank, I see the whole first column. When I try
        delete, the whole first column is deleted. This is
        what I expect.

        Although I prefer the default sel=inclusive when
        working with blocks, I get too much bad behavior in
        Windows when the EOL can't included.

        For example, reading news where the subjects are all at
        top and repeated with the full stories below, I use
        'Alt-V' to get me to the stories and 'n' to get back to
        the index. My mappings for Alt-V are as follows:

        " Search for visually selected text and position to top
        vnoremap / y/<C-R>"<CR>zt

        " Mark full line and do above
        nmap <M-v> 0v$/

        The problem is the inclusive grabs the EOL and the
        search string becomes: text^M
        which can't be found :-(

        I've set up a "toggle" for 'sel' to easily switch
        modes:

        nmap <M-F3> :if &sel == 'inclusive'
        \ \| set sel=exclusive
        \ \| else