Re: Patch for Windows 95/98 to try out

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2004
      Dnia niedziela, 5 grudnia 2004 19:47, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
      > There have been a few complaints that input for languages other than
      > latin1 does not work properly on Windows 95/98. What changed is that
      > Vim now assumes that the characters are in UCS-2. This appears to work
      > fine for Windows NT/XP. I guess that the MSDN documentation is wrong,
      > and for the older windows systems Vim actually gets the character in the
      > current codepage.
      >
      > The patch below should fix this. Please try it out if you have Windows
      > 95/98 and use a language like Russian. Let me know if it works or not.
      > Then I'll release it officially.

      Hello,

      I'd like to test it but don't have ability to compile on Windows. So, if
      someone could provide exe I would be grateful :)

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 6 Oct)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2004
        On 5/12/2004 23:12, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
        > Dnia niedziela, 5 grudnia 2004 19:47, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
        >
        >>There have been a few complaints that input for languages other than
        >>latin1 does not work properly on Windows 95/98. What changed is that
        >>Vim now assumes that the characters are in UCS-2. This appears to work
        >>fine for Windows NT/XP. I guess that the MSDN documentation is wrong,
        >>and for the older windows systems Vim actually gets the character in the
        >>current codepage.
        >>
        >>The patch below should fix this. Please try it out if you have Windows
        >>95/98 and use a language like Russian. Let me know if it works or not.
        >>Then I'll release it officially.
        >

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'd like to test it but don't have ability to compile on Windows. So, if
        > someone could provide exe I would be grateful :)
        >
        > m.

        I'm not on 98 anymore so I can't test it myself. However, compiling Vim
        on Windows is nor really hard; see
        http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm for a HowTo page.

        HTH,