Re: Bug? eadirection not honored on :q

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2004
      David Gotz wrote:

      > Is this the desired functionality? Or is it a bug? I hope it's a bug:
      >
      > When equalalways is turned on, and eadirection is set to either 'ver' or
      > 'hor', any split follows these rules properly.
      >
      > However, if there are several splits, and you press :q on any one of
      > them, the value of eadirection is ignored and the splits will be resized
      > to equal portions of the screen. This is true for both ver splits and
      > hor splits.
      >
      > I belive the proper behavior should be that the value of eadirection is
      > respected for :c or :q commands just as they are with :sp or :vsp commands.

      Right, the value of 'eadirection' is ignored in this situation.

      Try this patch:

      *** window.c~ Mon Jul 5 12:30:44 2004
      --- window.c Thu Nov 18 12:14:10 2004
      ***************
      *** 1924,1930 ****
      curbuf = curwin->w_buffer;
      close_curwin = TRUE;
      }
      ! if (p_ea)
      win_equal(curwin, TRUE,
      #ifdef FEAT_VERTSPLIT
      dir
      --- 1924,1934 ----
      curbuf = curwin->w_buffer;
      close_curwin = TRUE;
      }
      ! if (p_ea
      ! #ifdef FEAT_VERTSPLIT
      ! && (*p_ead == 'b' || *p_ead == dir)
      ! #endif
      ! )
      win_equal(curwin, TRUE,
      #ifdef FEAT_VERTSPLIT
      dir

      --
      ARTHUR: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?!
      GUARD #1: But then of course African swallows are not migratory.