Vim script expansions: formerly RE: cmd line backticks in DOS

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Agree!! I think the logical candidate is Vim script! Enhance and enlarge
      it instead of bundling in other transient languages. They come and go, in
      my past experience, and are a maintenance nightmare to keep up with. Better
      to have Vim take care of keeping things updated. If the plugin is Vim
      script and Vim is current, everything is hunky-dory! The argument against
      bloat, I think, is moot. If folks want the, say perl, feature it bloats. I
      think Vim script bloat could/should be more economical. Add floating point,
      lists, arrays, internal system commands (like 'open', 'read', 'link',
      'unlink') etc. to a Vim script compile time flag (borrow them from outside,
      if need be, but keep that transparent in Vim). I don't think too many would
      complain that Vim does these things.

      JMTCW:

      MfG,
      Dave S.