RE: Patch to add the cbuffer command

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
      Unless you're married to the idea of using quickfix, try Vimgrep. It has
      various commands that allow capture of grep-ed output to named buffers.
      There are the bare bones commands and associated 'ToBuf' commands:

      Vimgrep VimgrepToBuf search for pattern in files
      VimgrepBufs VimgrepBufsToBuf search for pattern in open buffers
      Vimfind VimfindToBuf search for files

      And you don't need outside grep/find utilities. Everything is contained in
      Vim.

      See:

      http://www.vim.org/account/profile.php?user_id=5397 vimgrep.vim vsutil.vim

      FYI: