Re: v:fold* variables (bug?)

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello,

      Found solution of my problem (foldclosed(), foldclosedend()), but still
      behaviour of v:fold* is IMO strange.

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 6 Oct)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2004
        Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

        > Read recently on vim-list about 'exporting' folds to html and tried to
        > make something with this idea. One thing isn't easy - detecting of
        > folds.

        Note that this has been implemented for Vim 7. Also for diff mode.

        > Theoretically with v:fold* variables and foldlevel option it should be
        > easy but...
        >
        > In help is that v:fold* variables should return values for 'closed
        > fold'. What does that mean?
        >
        > They are routinely returning values for various folds.

        The v:fold* variables are only set when evaluating 'foldtext'. You are
        probably seeing old values.

        --
        Witches prefer brooms: vacuum-cleaners need extension cords!