v:fold* variables (bug?)

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello,

      Read recently on vim-list about 'exporting' folds to html and tried to
      make something with this idea. One thing isn't easy - detecting of
      folds.

      Theoretically with v:fold* variables and foldlevel option it should be
      easy but...

      In help is that v:fold* variables should return values for 'closed
      fold'. What does that mean?

      They are routinely returning values for various folds.

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 6 Oct)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
        Hello,

        Found solution of my problem (foldclosed(), foldclosedend()), but still
        behaviour of v:fold* is IMO strange.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2004
          Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

          > Read recently on vim-list about 'exporting' folds to html and tried to
          > make something with this idea. One thing isn't easy - detecting of
          > folds.

          Note that this has been implemented for Vim 7. Also for diff mode.

          > Theoretically with v:fold* variables and foldlevel option it should be
          > easy but...
          >
          > In help is that v:fold* variables should return values for 'closed
          > fold'. What does that mean?
          >
          > They are routinely returning values for various folds.

          The v:fold* variables are only set when evaluating 'foldtext'. You are
          probably seeing old values.

          --
          Witches prefer brooms: vacuum-cleaners need extension cords!