Re: apparent bug combining mapping and abbreviations

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
      Antoine Mechelynck wrote:

      > You're right. I am using gvim 6.3.028 on Win XP. With
      >
      > :inoremap <Space> <Space><Left><Right>
      > :iab st such that
      >
      > then, in Insert mode, starting a line as st followed by a space does not
      > expand the abbreviation, but pressing Ctrl-] or <Esc> immediately after the
      > abbreviation expands it. Feels to me lika a bug, but could it be a feature?
      > (And if a feature, how does it work?)

      It's not clear if disabling remapping explicitly also means that
      abbreviations should not be triggered. And you can work around it:

      :imap <Space> <Space><Left><Right>
      :iab st such that

      Since the RHS of the mapping starts with the LHS, remapping is
      automatically disabled. Patch 6.3.023 takes care that abbreviations
      still work in this situation.

      62. If your doorbell rings, you think that new mail has arrived. And then
      you're disappointed that it's only someone at the door.