Re: Hallo!

  • sybren@thirdtower.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2 4:20 PM
      On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 07:39:17PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Since there are so many GUI libraries, and there is no single one
      > that's available (almost) everywhere, it's probably best to use an
      > external program for this. That can then use whatever GUI it needs.

      Ok.

      > When I was writing Agide wxPython appeard to be a very good choice.
      > PyGTK wasn't working right then. Don't know if this is still so.
      > wxWindows appears to be very good.

      wxWindows also has the added benefit that it'll use the system's
      native widget set - GTK on Linux and other UNIX systems, Windows on
      ehm... Windows, and I'm sure it'll use something good looking on Mac.
      I'll try and make it as modular as possible, with a wxPython module as
      a start.

      Sybren
      ---- Registered Linux user #349923 --- http://counter.li.org/ ----
    • Dan Fabrizio
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4 6:46 AM
        Hello,

        I posted a message a week ago about adding graphical drawing routines to VIM
        maybe using Tk and I'm not sure if this message is in response to my
        original request or not but I thought I would bring it up again.

        What I would like to do is use a tcl/vim script to parse a text file which
        includes lists of graphical objects and draw these objects on a graphical
        canvas.

        Sybren,

        Are you gone to add a graphical python interface to VIM? I have been
        looking at wxPython also and don't have any preferences at this point so
        just having this capability would be a great feature.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4 7:21 AM
          On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 09:46:19AM -0400, Dan Fabrizio wrote:
          > I posted a message a week ago about adding graphical drawing
          > routines to VIM maybe using Tk and I'm not sure if this message is

          It isn't. It's something I thought of before joining this list.

          > Are you gone to add a graphical python interface to VIM? I have
          > been looking at wxPython also and don't have any preferences at this
          > point so just having this capability would be a great feature.

          What I'm planning is to add some sort of graphical window outside of
          VIM, so graphical programs can work more or less side-to-side with
          VIM.