Re: graphical elements in gvim

  • sybren@thirdtower.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
      On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:10:29AM +0200, Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
      > Il hoop dat je het Engels verstaat, want niet iedereen op deze
      > mailing-lijst verstaat het Nederlands.

      No problem - I've also re-sent my initial message in English. I read &
      write more English than Dutch anyway, so that's no problem.

      > Question 1 (Grafical elements in Vim's GUI): As gvim stands now, the
      > part of the display showing the file(s) being edited is pure
      > plaintext (and in a fixed-width font at that). I don't think that
      > will change in any foreseeable future, but I may be wrong,
      > especially if you want to go yourself to the trouble of programming
      > it and integrating it into the existing Vim code. There are other
      > graphical elements though, nl. the toolbar icons. A default set is
      > compiled into gvim and you can change them at run- (well, startup)
      > time. I don't know the details.

      Bram told me about an idea to create some sort of overlay-window from
      a plugin (or something similar). That way, the text component can stay
      the same, and we could still be able to add small graphical elements.

      > Question 2 (PGP signing in the ML): some people do, most don't. It
      > hasn't been much discussed lately. I believe your decision not to
      > sign list emails is a friendly one but that's just my personal
      > opinion.

      Ok - as long as there is no real objection I'll just sign them.

      Sybren
      ---- Registered Linux user #349923 --- http://counter.li.org/ ----