Re: has("tcl") crashes my gvim.exe on Win95

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2004
      Moshe Kaminsky wrote:

      > * Steve Hall <digitect@...> [05/09/04 05:47]:
      > > [snip]
      > > To summarize, here's my questions:
      > >
      > > o Has anyone else seen has("tcl") crashes in gVim on Windows
      > > platforms, especially Win95-98?
      >
      > Yes, I had it on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

      It doesn't crash for me, neither when Tcl support works and when the dll
      can't be found.

      Can someone who can reproduce the crash use a debugger to find out where
      Vim crashes?

      --
      FIRST GUARD: Ah! Now ... we're not allowed to ...
      SIR LAUNCELOT runs him through, grabs his spear and stabs the other

    • Steve Hall
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
        On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 15:46, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Moshe Kaminsky wrote:
        > > Steve Hall <digitect@...> [05/09/04 05:47]:
        > > >
        > > > To summarize, here's my questions:
        > > >
        > > > o Has anyone else seen has("tcl") crashes in gVim on Windows
        > > > platforms, especially Win95-98?
        > >
        > > Yes, I had it on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
        >
        > It doesn't crash for me, neither when Tcl support works and when the
        > dll can't be found.
        >
        > Can someone who can reproduce the crash use a debugger to find out
        > where Vim crashes?

        No debugger here, but I can confirm that referencing Ruby's
        implementation of TCL 8.3, rather than ActiveState's 8.4, with the
        appropriate stub by Dan Sharp, does not produce a crash with BCC.

        --
        Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]