Re: Wish: A "relative" (or full view) version of showmarks

  • Mun Johl
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2004
      Hi Keith,

      Please see my comments below.

      On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 09:29 AM PDT, Keith Roberts wrote:
> [...]

      I was hoping for a "zoom" type of functionality to get a more detailed
      view.

      KR> Or was it your intention that the top and bottom lines would contain the
      KR> percentages for those lines? Say, 45(%) and 50(%) for lines 226 thru
      KR> 250 of a 500 line file (and something in between for the current line).

      Right.

      KR> But, of course, the larger the file, and the fewer the screenlines in
      KR> the window, the more likely those two numbers will be the same (say, for
      KR> example, lines 226 thru 250 of a 5,000 line file).

      You make good points. And I thought of them as well. But I was just
      thinking that if those issues can get solved, it would make editing
      source files easier, IMHO. I have some large source files, and
      sometimes when I'm making changes and setting a lot of marks and such, I
      would just like a "high level" view of the relative position of the
      marks and cursor position.

      --
      Mun