Bug in GetLatestVimScripts -- or in Vim?

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2004
      Cc: Bram
      Bcc: Dr. Chip (who doesn't want his addy to be harvested).

      Bug symptom: GetLatestVimScripts clobbers the 'viminfo' option. The bug
      seems to be due to ":set nocp" clobbering the 'viminfo' option even if
      'compatible' is already FALSE.

      Details: One of my projects relies on a project-specific viminfo, which is
      set in a project-specific vimrc. Surprise! ":verbose set vi?" now answers

      viminfo='20,<50,s10,h,ra:rb:
      Last set from D:\HOME\VIMFILES\PLUGIN\GetLatestVimScripts.vim

      Searching the source of GetLatestVimScripts.vim (as downloaded from
      vim-online) doesn't find a "let" or "set" statement referring to the viminfo
      option. I suspect the "set nocp" at the beginning might be the culprit, but
      'compatible' should already be off by the time the plugin is sourced, so I
      would expect "set nocp" to do nothing. I'm puzzled. Is it a bug in Vim or in
      GetLatestVimScripts?

      I'm using gvim 6.3.017 on W98; the binary and its full ":version" listing
      are published on my website.

      -- Experiment: Replacing
      set nocp
      by
      if &cp
      set nocp
      endif
      in the plugin, then reloading gvim, makes the problem disappear; and now the
      answer to "verbose set vi?" is

      viminfo='200,"50,h,!,%,c,rA:,rB:,rE:,rQ:,nd:/chroniq/viminfo
      Last set from D:\chroniq\_vimrc

      which is the value I want.

      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2004
        Dnia sobota, 28 sierpnia 2004 23:44, Antoine J. Mechelynck napisaƂ:
        > Cc: Bram
        > Bcc: Dr. Chip (who doesn't want his addy to be harvested).
        >
        > Bug symptom: GetLatestVimScripts clobbers the 'viminfo' option. The bug
        > seems to be due to ":set nocp" clobbering the 'viminfo' option even if
        > 'compatible' is already FALSE.
        >
        > Details: One of my projects relies on a project-specific viminfo, which
        > is set in a project-specific vimrc. Surprise! ":verbose set vi?" now
        > answers

        Noticed similar behaviour for 'showcmd'

        m.

        Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 10 Mar)
        http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
        CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net