Re: highlight cursor in Cygwin

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2004
      Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay@...> wrote:
      > Stupid question...
      >
      > How do I set the highlight the text cursor in Vim 6.3 on Cygwin?
      >
      > (The text cursor, or caret, not the "mouse cursor". I'm not running
      > in graphics mode, I'm running Vim in text mode in the Cygwin bash
      > shell.)
      >
      > I'd like to do...
      >
      > > highlight Cursor cterm=BOLD ctermbg=1 ctermfg=7
      >
      > ...but that doesn't seem to do what I'd expect.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > --Eljay
      >
      > Note...
      > TERM=cygwin

      I may be wrong, but I believe that for Unix-like console Vim for Cygwin you
      must do that outside vim, or not at all.

      I notice that the 'guicursor' option is usable only in the GUI, or in Dos or
      Windows console vim. In console vim for W32 (where, typically, $TERM == ""
      and &term == "pcterm") you could do exactly what you say above you "would
      like" to, and your block or underline cursor would, IIUC, appear in
      lightgrey (with blue letters if any).