sball in Vim 7

  • Nowhere Man
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2004
      There is a substantial change in the behavior of sball in Vim 7.

      I have sball as a VimEnter autocommand, and the filetype is only
      detected on the first window/buffer/file. If I remove the sball from
      the autocommand and issue it once Vim has loaded, all filetypes are
      detected.

      This works great in previous versions.

      Am I missing something?

      --

      . o O pyromancer O o .
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
        Nowhere Man (?) wrote:

        > There is a substantial change in the behavior of sball in Vim 7.
        >
        > I have sball as a VimEnter autocommand, and the filetype is only
        > detected on the first window/buffer/file. If I remove the sball from
        > the autocommand and issue it once Vim has loaded, all filetypes are
        > detected.
        >
        > This works great in previous versions.
        >
        > Am I missing something?

        I do not see a difference between Vim 6.3 and Vim 7. You need to use
        the "nested" flag to get filetype detection for the second window.
        Use "all" instead of "sball" to get it right for all windows.

        The problem with ":sball" not detecting the filetype in more than one
        window is because of the ":setfiletype" command. I'll fix that.

        256. You are able to write down over 250 symptoms of being an internet
        addict, even though they only asked for 101.

      • Nowhere Man
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:38:57 +0200, Bram Moolenaar <bram@...> wrote:
          > I do not see a difference between Vim 6.3 and Vim 7. You need to use
          > the "nested" flag to get filetype detection for the second window.
          > Use "all" instead of "sball" to get it right for all windows.

          Thanks! I didn't see a obvious difference between all and sball the
          way that I am using it after reading the docs.

          > The problem with ":sball" not detecting the filetype in more than one
          > window is because of the ":setfiletype" command. I'll fix that.

          Thanks!

          - Patrick

          --

          . o O pyromancer O o .