Versions of help.txt

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2004
      I notice that the current ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/doc/help.txt is
      a new version (dated 2004 Jul 13). However, AFAICT, the only difference with
      the 6.3.000 version in the self-installer and in the runtime archive
      (help.txt dated 2004 May 04) is that the "new" file has a number of spurious
      references under "Local additions". These spurious references do not
      disappear, even after ":helptags $VIMRUNTIME/doc" followed by restarting Vim
      (I tried). What's up, Doc? IMHO, the "older" version was better.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
        Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:

        > I notice that the current ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/doc/help.txt is
        > a new version (dated 2004 Jul 13). However, AFAICT, the only difference with
        > the 6.3.000 version in the self-installer and in the runtime archive
        > (help.txt dated 2004 May 04) is that the "new" file has a number of spurious
        > references under "Local additions". These spurious references do not
        > disappear, even after ":helptags $VIMRUNTIME/doc" followed by restarting Vim
        > (I tried). What's up, Doc? IMHO, the "older" version was better.

        Sorry, those "local additions" get added when I don't look out when
        making a small change to help.txt. I'll upload a new version.

        219. Your spouse has his or her lawyer deliver the divorce papers...
        via e-mail.