Re: transliterating on the fly

  • Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2004
      At 12:58 p.m. 02/08/2004, Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >I would like to implement a script, which would
      >work much like transliterator at translit.ru
      >Namely, when active, the script would process
      >every typed character, and act on it. Based
      >on the current character and previous characters,
      >it would then output russian cyrillic characters.
      >
      >I was wondering if someone can point me in the right
      >place: perhaps an example script that does something
      >similar (processing individual keypresses), or portions
      >of :help
      >
      >I can't seem to find an event in help that would
      >correspond to a keypress.

      :h 'mbyte-keymap'

      I've abused it in interesting ways, namely a keyboard map that expands
      cp1252 or UTF-8 characters into groff character codes while typing. Would
      that be similar to what you want? See
      http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1051 for a copy
      (took me almost two yearsd to decide uploading it ;-).