Re: ViMozilla

  • Ilya Sher
    • Andrew Pimlott
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 16, 2004
        On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 04:05:17PM +0100, Laurent Humblet wrote:
        > ViMozilla: The Vim plugin for Mozilla/Firefox
        > The idea is to create a plugin that will use all the key shortcuts, user
        > modes and customisation features that Vim uses.

        Just a vote: I would love to have this. But it would be a lot of work
        to make it good, and wrestling with mozilla is not my idea of a good
        time. My wishlist:

        - basic navigation (j,k,ctrl-d,zz,etc)
        - incremental regex searching (not the complete botch in mozilla now)
        - marks and jumps

        Andrew
      • Ilya Sher
        • Laurent Humblet
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2004
            Hi,

            I have been very busy recently and haven't been able to focus more on that
            plugin idea.

            Unfortunately for this plugin project (and fortunately for me) I'm going to
            Montreal tomorrow morning for 10 days of well-deserved holidays.

            But as soon as I'm back I'll have a serious look into this plugin concept
            and start something a bit more concrete (probably a web page to gather the
            various project points as a start).

            I still believe that a single Vim plugin for Mozilla will be great and
            widely used by the Vim users.

            I like the word "ViMzilla" instead of ViMozilla as suggested by Benji Fisher
            on the 31st of July. It can be written ViMozilla and pronounced ViMzilla
            'ala' MySQL (pronounce My Es-Q-El) :)

            All the best,
            Laurent

          • Andrew Pimlott
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 17, 2004
              On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 01:41:41PM +0300, Ilya Sher wrote:
              > Andrew Pimlott wrote:
              > | - incremental regex searching (not the complete botch in mozilla now)
              > Nice to have tough I don't think it will be used much.

              It will be by me. :-)

              > | - marks and jumps
              > Instead of (/in additon to) "normal" bookmarks?
              > I'm not sure I get what you mean.

              Marks as in ma (set mark a) and "a (go to mark a). This would be useful
              for moving around in long pages, such as documentation.

              Andrew