netrw v47g released on my website

  • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hello!

      netrw.vim v47g is now released on my website as

      http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#vimlinks_scripts
      as "Network Oriented Reading and Writing".

      This is a request for help with testing and suggestions.

      There's a lot of remote directory/file exploring (see :help netrw-browse):
      Typical usage: vim url://[user@]host/path/ (note that trailing slash!!!)

      Command Explanation
      ------- -----------
      ? Causes Netrw to issue help
      <cr> Netrw will enter the directory or read the file
      <del> Netrw will attempt to remove the file/directory
      <c-l> Causes Netrw to refresh the directory listing
      D Netrw will attempt to remove the file(s)/directory(ies)
      R Netrw will attempt to rename the file(s)/directory(ies)
      - Makes Netrw go up one directory
      a Show all of a directory (temporarily ignore g:netrw_list_hide)
      h Edit file hiding list
      o Enter the file/directory under the cursor in a new browser
      window. A horizontal split is used.
      r Reverse sorting order
      s Select sorting style: by name, time, or file size
      v Enter the file/directory under the cursor in a new browser
      window. A vertical split is used.
      x Apply a function to a file.

      It deliberately strongly resembles the file explorer's capabilities, but it
      attempts to keep the need for remote system accesses down.

      For the last, there's an example file handler for *.html files that
      invokes the
      mozilla browser. This would be a good time for intrepid contributors to
      donate some additional file handlers (netscape, internet explorer, oowriter,
      M$ Word, etc). See :he netrw-x and <plugin/NetrwFileHandlers.vim>.
      I have a "netscape" entry but I haven't tested it. Other browsers are
      welcome!

      There's some changes in the dav/cadaver code handling. Since I don't have
      apache installed on my RH8 system, I don't have cadaver working. Thus
      I'm dependent on users to let me know when/where there are problems. Its
      working well for one user, but I don't think he's a "Zope" user. Please
      test
      out the cadaver (dav://hostname/path) and let me know how it works. On
      the off chance that its actually working I'd like to know that, too!