Small updates to Win32 Makefiles

  • Administrator Sharp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      The attached patch makes a few small changes to Make_bc5.mak,
      Make_cyg.mak, Make_ming.mak, and Make_mvc.mak :

      all: Require NBDEBUG=yes to build with Netbeans debug support.
      Currently this support is enabled for any DEBUG build

      all: Only build with NETBEANS and XPM support when GUI=yes. Currently
      these options are allowed for both GUI and console builds but can't be
      used in a console.

      cyg: Initialize CPUNR (if unset) to the value of $(ARCH). This reflects
      the default gcc actions where -march implicitly sets -mcpu to the same
      value.

      Also, a small change is included for GvimExt/Make_ming.mak to change the
      use of g++.exe and windres.exe to just g++ and windres . This makes the
      file work without editing when cross-compiling from Linux with the
      Make_cyg.mak and Make_ming.mak files.

      I have tested the changes locally for all the above except Make_mvc.mak,
      so if someone could verify that one for me I would appreciate it. It is
      the smallest change of the five, so it *should* work, but we all know
      how that goes.

      Dan Sharp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
        Dan Sharp wrote:

        > The attached patch makes a few small changes to Make_bc5.mak,
        > Make_cyg.mak, Make_ming.mak, and Make_mvc.mak :
        >
        > all: Require NBDEBUG=yes to build with Netbeans debug support.
        > Currently this support is enabled for any DEBUG build
        >
        > all: Only build with NETBEANS and XPM support when GUI=yes. Currently
        > these options are allowed for both GUI and console builds but can't be
        > used in a console.
        >
        > cyg: Initialize CPUNR (if unset) to the value of $(ARCH). This reflects
        > the default gcc actions where -march implicitly sets -mcpu to the same
        > value.
        >
        > Also, a small change is included for GvimExt/Make_ming.mak to change the
        > use of g++.exe and windres.exe to just g++ and windres . This makes the
        > file work without editing when cross-compiling from Linux with the
        > Make_cyg.mak and Make_ming.mak files.
        >
        > I have tested the changes locally for all the above except Make_mvc.mak,
        > so if someone could verify that one for me I would appreciate it. It is
        > the smallest change of the five, so it *should* work, but we all know
        > how that goes.

        It looks fine to me. Thus if nobody objects I'll include it.

        --
        Time flies like an arrow.
        Fruit flies like a banana.

      • Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
          At 03:35 p.m. 01/07/2004, Administrator Sharp wrote:

          >cyg: Initialize CPUNR (if unset) to the value of $(ARCH). This reflects
          >the default gcc actions where -march implicitly sets -mcpu to the same value.

          Amen!