Re: Bug with WinXP Docs & Settings path

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Joel Nothman wrote:

      > GVim for Windows attempts to store the _viminfo file in path "Documents
      > and Settings/Username/".
      >
      > On my computer, my documents and settings path is not on C:, rather D: and
      > is called D:\WinProfiles.
      >
      > When GVim tries to save _viminfo, it attempts to save to
      > C:\WinProfiles\_viminfo. Basically, it allows for a different D&S folder
      > but, it seems, not a different drive letter!

      Vim uses $HOME or $VIM to store the _viminfo file. It doesn't make up
      path names, something on your system must be causing the confusion.

      > Any remedies until the bug is fixed?

      You can use the "n" item of the 'viminfo' option to specify a file name.
      But if the _viminfo file is in the wrong place, how would Vim find your
      _vimrc file?

      29. Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.