Request: input() be RL sensitive

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2004
      I am trying to set up a system for a non-english speaker using Hebrew. The
      goal is that the menus and prompts and everything be in Hebrew.

      Now that the title-bar and menu-bar work properly in Win32 for Hebrew (thanks,
      Bram!) and the search works properly (/ on the right not the left of the
      screen, thanks arabicinput people!) the only thing that is really wrong is
      the input() function.

      How hard would it be to make input() be rl-setting sensitive? Or perhaps to
      simply add an inputrl() function (that would be better since you may not want
      to prompt in rl just because the window is rl)

      thanks!

      --
      My GPG public key is at http://ronware.org/
      fingerprint: 4E91 06E9 2020 114C 8BCD 55B2 0816 60AF 2B3D 4C51