Re: Function nb_do_cmd() in netbeans.c

  • Xavier de Gaye
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2004
      On 5/7/2004 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Xavier de Gaye wrote:
      >
      > > In function nb_do_cmd() in netbeans.c, version Vim62:
      > >
      > > at line 1281: the NULL pointer 'pos' is being dereferenced and
      > > causes Vim to crash (that happens when the offset 'off' is not
      > > valid in buf):
      >
      > Well spotted. How did you find this problem?
      >
      > I'll make a patch.

      Bram,

      The VimGDB adaptation using NetBeans I am writting sends "insert"
      messages to update the watched variables window.
      It's no problem since I have learned by now how to never send
      an out of bound offset to NetBeans.

      Otherwise, this same tool can send any NetBeans message in debug
      mode. Once you start playing with that, it does not take long to
      spot this problem.

      Xavier...

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.