feature request: join when in comments

  • Denis Perelyubskiy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      hello,

      when editing comments, is it possible to have
      j (and derivatives) behave differently?

      i think it can be best described with example:

      // hello
      // world

      position cursor at the end of hello line, and
      hit j

      you get:

      // hello // world

      what i would like to get:

      // hello world

      perhaps this can be achieved w/o making this
      into a feature, through configuration somehow? I'd
      appreciate any suggestions than.

      thanks a bunch,

      denis
      --
      // mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <lists at overwhelmTAKECAPITALSOUT dot net>
      // icq : 12359698
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2004
        On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 11:02:20PM -0700, Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:

        > hello,
        >
        > when editing comments, is it possible to have j (and derivatives)
        > behave differently?
        >
        > i think it can be best described with example:
        >
        > // hello
        > // world
        >
        > position cursor at the end of hello line, and hit j
        >
        > you get:
        >
        > // hello // world
        >
        > what i would like to get:
        >
        > // hello world
        >
        > perhaps this can be achieved w/o making this into a feature, through
        > configuration somehow? I'd appreciate any suggestions than.

        Try pressing gqj instead. The cursor is not where you want, but it gets
        the job done.

        GI

        --
        A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.