Re: Find Faulty Plugins

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
      On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:39:26PM +0200, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I run into a problem for quite some time now. I run VIM on MorphOS
      > normally. Editing etc. all works. But when entering 'vim' as is
      > standalone without any arguments I then get a bunch of error messages
      > with missing tags etc. and the Explorer shows up doing nothing much.
      >
      > When I run VIM with 'vim --noplugins' then VIM starts smoothly through
      > into the initial presentation screen. I wonder which plugin may cause
      > these problems and which one is being started during startup. I want to
      > clearify that I do not have any scripts running through the .vimrc file.
      >
      > I now would like to go through the plugins one by one to isolate the
      > problem so someone can fix it properly so it runs properly on other
      > systems.
      >
      > Is there a way to do this easily (e.g isolating till the 'problematic'
      > plugin is found ?
      >
      > greetings,
      >
      > Ali Akcaagac

      One way to debug startup problems is to add something like this to
      your vimrc file:

      set nomore verbose=20
      redir! > ~/vimlog.txt

      Since your vimrc file is read before the plugins are loaded, this will
      log verbose output while the plugins are executed. Once startup has
      finished, you might want to do

      :set more verbose=0
      :redir END
      :e ~/vimlog.txt