Re: Bad UTF8 display on Linux/GTK

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2004
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > On Thursday 01 April 2004 01:18 pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > Hmm, perhaps you have the wcwidth() function. Patch 6.2.404 uses it if
      > > it's available. That would mean your system has a broken wcwidth()
      > > function. Search for wcwidth() in src/mbyte.c.
      >
      > That's the culprit!
      >
      > I put the following at the top of mbyte.c after the header files, and gvim
      > works again:
      >
      > #undef __STDC_ISO_10646__

      Well, so much for using a standard library function to improve quality.
      I suspect your problem is the iswprint() function.

      Where do these iswprint() and wcwidth() functions come from? What
      library are you using?

      --
      Get a life? What is the URL where it can be downloaded?

    • Ron Aaron
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2004
        On Friday 02 April 2004 12:47 am, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Well, so much for using a standard library function to improve quality.
        > I suspect your problem is the iswprint() function.
        >
        > Where do these iswprint() and wcwidth() functions come from? What
        > library are you using?

        I'm using gcc 3.2.3, and the iswprint() comes from libc (/usr/lib/) and it's
        ver 2.3.2

        --
        My GPG public key is at http://ronware.org/
        fingerprint: 4E91 06E9 2020 114C 8BCD 55B2 0816 60AF 2B3D 4C51
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2004
          Ron Aaron wrote:

          > On Friday 02 April 2004 12:47 am, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > > Well, so much for using a standard library function to improve quality.
          > > I suspect your problem is the iswprint() function.
          > >
          > > Where do these iswprint() and wcwidth() functions come from? What
          > > library are you using?
          >
          > I'm using gcc 3.2.3, and the iswprint() comes from libc (/usr/lib/)
          > and it's ver 2.3.2

          I suppose that is a common version. That means more people could run
          into it.

          Well, it appears the idea that a standard library function would work
          better than what we include with Vim was wrong. I suppose we should
          back out patch 6.2.404 then. Does anyone object to that?

          --
          Hear about the guy who played a blank tape at full blast?
          The mime next door went nuts.