VimActiveX

  • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
      Hi, all.

      I tried to make vim ActiveX.
      Don't say why you need it, pleease ... ;-)

      http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA020411/Vim/VimActiveX/VimActiveX.jpg

      This is a trial modules.
      If you have an interest in this module, I may keep it up...

      Thanks.

      - Yasuhiro

      121. You ask for e-mail adresses instead of telephone numbers.
    • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
        Me -
        > Hi, all.
        >
        > I tried to make vim ActiveX.
        > Don't say why you need it, pleease ... ;-)
        >
        > http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA020411/Vim/VimActiveX/VimActiveX.jpg
        >
        > This is a trial modules.
        > If you have an interest in this module, I may keep it up...
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > - Yasuhiro
        >
        > --
        > 121. You ask for e-mail adresses instead of telephone numbers.

        additional comment...

        This is not a edit control.
        ActiveVim.dll only kick gvim.exe, and make it child window.
        Thus, gvim.exe must be installed.

        This dll can be used from VisualBasic too.

        Thanks.

        - Yasuhiro

        109. You actually read -- and enjoy -- lists like this.
      • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
          Me -
          > Hi, all.
          >
          > I tried to make vim ActiveX.
          > Don't say why you need it, pleease ... ;-)
          >
          > http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA020411/Vim/VimActiveX/VimActiveX.jpg
          >
          > This is a trial modules.
          > If you have an interest in this module, I may keep it up...
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > - Yasuhiro
          >
          > --
          > 121. You ask for e-mail adresses instead of telephone numbers.

          Sorry, I forgot how to use...

          Install
          C:\> regsvr32 \path\to\activevim\ReleaseUMinDependency\ActiveVim.dll
          C:\> start \path\to\activevimd\Test\VimActiveX.htm

          Uninstall
          C:\> regsvr32 /U \path\to\activevim\ReleaseUMinDependency\ActiveVim.dll

          Enjoy...

          Thanks.
          - Yasuhiro

          249. You've forgotten what the outside looks like.
        • Mikolaj Machowski
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2 4:11 AM
            Dnia czw 1. kwietnia 2004 08:11, Yasuhiro Matsumoto napisaƂ:
            > Hi, all.
            >
            > I tried to make vim ActiveX.
            > Don't say why you need it, pleease ... ;-)
            >
            > http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA020411/Vim/VimActiveX/VimActiveX.jpg
            >
            > This is a trial modules.
            > If you have an interest in this module, I may keep it up...

            Kewl!

            I begin to regret I don't use Windows ;)
            Corious it would be possible to use VimActiveX as textarea editor?

            m.

            Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 10 Mar)
            http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
            Are You There?
          • Ben Peterson
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2 4:55 AM
              Cool!

              On the other hand, reading the edited text out of vim and into the
              container does seem to be a little difficult, since afaik vim does not
              export any COM interface...?

              If you could create a vim edit control, that'd be fantastic.

              Benjamin