Re: XIM patch (please help) updated

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 30, 2004
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote

      > > > When running Vim with GTK2 and this patch, the moment I enter Insert
      > > > mode, I get this warning:
      > > >
      > > > (gvim:32083): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkimcontext.c: line 420 (gtk_im_context_set_use_preedit): assertion `GTK_IS_IM_CONTEXT (context)' failed

      > I tested
      > LANG=en_US vim -gf -u NONE -NONE
      >
      > and I found a cause of problem.
      > as your said, if imak don't set, I got the warning as above.
      >
      > I made the patch again.
      > Please check. (I changed xim_reset())

      There are quite a few differences with the previous patch you sent:

      - change in ex_getln.c is missing: call to im_is_preediting().
      - first change in gui_gtk_x11.c is missing "cancel or type backspace..."
      - in mbyte.c there are a few strange differences.

      Looks like you made this patch against a different version of Vim.

      The relevant change, moving im_shutdown():

      ! if (!p_imdisable)
      ! im_shutdown();
      else
      {
      ! gtk_im_context_set_use_preedit(xic, TRUE);
      xim_set_focus(gui.in_focus);

      Shouldn't that be:

      ! if (p_imdisable)
      ! im_shutdown();
      else
      {
      ! gtk_im_context_set_use_preedit(xic, TRUE);
      xim_set_focus(gui.in_focus);

      Then the warning message is indeed gone.

      187. You promise yourself that you'll only stay online for another
      15 minutes...at least once every hour.

    • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 30, 2004
        Bram -

        > > I tested
        > > LANG=en_US vim -gf -u NONE -NONE
        > >
        > > and I found a cause of problem.
        > > as your said, if imak don't set, I got the warning as above.
        > >
        > > I made the patch again.
        > > Please check. (I changed xim_reset())
        >
        > There are quite a few differences with the previous patch you sent:
        >
        > - change in ex_getln.c is missing: call to im_is_preediting().
        > - first change in gui_gtk_x11.c is missing "cancel or type backspace..."
        > - in mbyte.c there are a few strange differences.
        >
        > Looks like you made this patch against a different version of Vim.
        >
        > The relevant change, moving im_shutdown():
        >
        > ! if (!p_imdisable)
        > ! im_shutdown();
        > else
        > {
        > ! gtk_im_context_set_use_preedit(xic, TRUE);
        > xim_set_focus(gui.in_focus);
        >
        > Shouldn't that be:
        >
        > ! if (p_imdisable)
        > ! im_shutdown();
        > else
        > {
        > ! gtk_im_context_set_use_preedit(xic, TRUE);
        > xim_set_focus(gui.in_focus);
        >
        > Then the warning message is indeed gone.

        Sorry, I re-maked it.
        (.rej file was in the directory)

        Thanks

        - Yasuhiro

        103. When you find yourself in the "Computer" section of Barnes & Noble
        enjoying yourself.