Re: [todo] ":q" and ":q!" question

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9 6:57 AM
      Ilya Sher wrote:

      > INFO:
      > todo.txt (2004-02-02) says (lines 1882-1883)
      > - ---8<---
      > 8 When using ":q" in a changed file, the error says to "use !". Add the
      > command so that beginners understand it: "use :q!".
      > - ---8<---
      > which is incorrect.
      > Error 37 says:
      > E37: No write since last change (add ! to override)
      > There is much differnce between "use" and "add".

      Yes, that message changed. I'll adjust the todo item.

      > QUESTIONS:
      > This todo item should be removed ?
      > If not - it should be corrected IMHO.
      >
      > If this items stays, should other error messages
      > also be corrected ? For example
      > E45: 'readonly' option is set (use ! to override)
      > should become
      > E45: 'readonly' option is set (use ":w!" to override)
      > ?
      > There are many messages that contain
      > "(add ! to override)" ....

      Currently this is a generic message, used when the check for being able
      to write a file fails. You can imagine it's quite a bit of work to make
      the command-specific message look right.

      > P.S.
      > What the names after some todo items mean ?
      > "assigned-to" or "added-by" ?

      Mostly it's "reported by".

      --
      From "know your smileys":
      :q vi user saying, "How do I get out of this damn emacs editor?"