VIM 6.2 Port to MorphOS

  • Ali Akcaagac
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2004
      Hello,

      I recently got a Pegasos II running MorphOS ontop of it (well for those
      not familar, it's some sort of Amiga like Computer System made by people
      from the Amiga world based on a brand new PowerPC Hardware and new
      Operating System which has AmigaOS 3.1 API compatibility. Even old
      Software is running through JIT on that OS.

      Anyways, for more information refer to:

      http://www.pegasosppc.com/
      http://www.morphos.net/
      http://www.genesi.lu/

      for some Screenshots visit my Web page:

      http://www.akcaagac.com/index_desktop.html

      Now to the problem, I am trying to get VIM 6.2 ported natively to
      MorphOS and so far I was successfully compiling it and I also put the
      current diffs online on my Web page:

      http://www.akcaagac.com/vim-mos.diff

      The Makefile is based on the DICE Makefile but the Compiling Environment
      I use is based upon the Geek Gadget package (e.g. gcc 2.95.3, binutils
      and so on).

      Compiling works like a charm, unfortunately I don't get any output in
      the Shell. I don't know whether I messed something up or I'm seriously
      missing something in the Makefile. Although I only spent the past half
      day with the MorphOS SDK and Vim 6.2 Amiga Sources.

      SnoopDos is only showing me:

      ENV:IXPPCSTACK Fail
      etc:group Fail
      etc:group Fail
      etc:group Fail
      etc:group Fail
      ENV:HOME Fail
      ENV:SHELL Fail
      ENV:TEMPDIR Fail
      ENV:TEMP Fail
      ENV:TMP Fail
      ENV:CDPATH Fail

      although 'set VIM=DH1:Temp/Vim' was set correctly

      Vim/
      vim62/
      src

      ok any information would be welcome and I definately like continue using
      Vim on MorphOS as I do on Linux for the past couple of years.

      greetings,

      Ali Akcaagac