Patch: Ruby 18 and Win32 makefile (bc5, cyg, ming)

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2004
      I have been meaning to do this for a while, so I finally did it while I
      had some vacation time. The Win32 makefiles do not handle the path
      changes made for the Ruby 1.8 release. The MVC makefile was updated,
      but the other three were not. This patch should remedy that problem.

      The BC5 makefile does not currently work with Ruby 1.8 due to a but in
      the Ruby config.h header. It has the lines

      #define uid_t int
      #define gid_t int

      which cause a compile error for the BC5 sys/types.h which has

      typedef int uid_t;
      typedef int gid_t;

      I removed the two lines from Ruby's config.h and everything built
      correctly, so I believe the patch to Make_bc5.mak is correct and will
      work automatically with Ruby >= 1.8 once their header is fixed.

      Dan Sharp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2004
        Dan Sharp wrote:

        > I have been meaning to do this for a while, so I finally did it while I
        > had some vacation time. The Win32 makefiles do not handle the path
        > changes made for the Ruby 1.8 release. The MVC makefile was updated,
        > but the other three were not. This patch should remedy that problem.

        Thanks, I'll include it.

        > The BC5 makefile does not currently work with Ruby 1.8 due to a but in
        > the Ruby config.h header. It has the lines
        >
        > #define uid_t int
        > #define gid_t int
        >
        > which cause a compile error for the BC5 sys/types.h which has
        >
        > typedef int uid_t;
        > typedef int gid_t;
        >
        > I removed the two lines from Ruby's config.h and everything built
        > correctly, so I believe the patch to Make_bc5.mak is correct and will
        > work automatically with Ruby >= 1.8 once their header is fixed.

        I'll add a remark in Make_bc5.mak for now.

        126. You brag to all of your friends about your date Saturday night...but
        you don't tell them it was only in a chat room.