Re: Bug: Gvim and colors (many colors)

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2003
      Dnia Saturday 13 of December 2003 21:13, Mikolaj Machowski napisał:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Vim 6.2.149/154 (gtk2)
      >
      > Looks like GVim has problems with displaying some colors
      > Here is file ergb.zip (enhanced rgb.txt with hex values - 7k)
      >
      > http://skawina.eu.org/ergb.zip

      Grr.
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/ergb.zip
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2003
        Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

        > Vim 6.2.149/154 (gtk2)
        >
        > Looks like GVim has problems with displaying some colors
        > Here is file ergb.zip (enhanced rgb.txt with hex values - 7k)
        >
        > http://skawina.eu.org/ergb.zip
        >
        > Run this on file:
        > let i = 1
        > while i <= line('$')
        > if getline(i) =~ '\s*\d'
        > let syncolor = 'ergb'.i
        > let color = matchstr(getline(i), ' #\zs[A-F0-9]\{3,6}')
        > exe 'syn match '.syncolor.' " #'.color.' "'
        > exe 'hi '.syncolor.' guibg=#'.color
        > endif
        > let i = i + 1
        > endwhile
        >
        > Areas after LightSkyBlue and gray51.

        What do you mean with "Run this on file"? What is the problem?

        Note that Vim can only display a limited number of colors at the same
        time (about 223).

        --
        I'm not familiar with this proof, but I'm aware of a significant
        following of toddlers who believe that peanut butter is the solution

      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2003
          Dnia Sunday 14 of December 2003 18:36, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
          > Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
          > > Vim 6.2.149/154 (gtk2)
          > >
          > > Looks like GVim has problems with displaying some colors
          > > Here is file ergb.zip (enhanced rgb.txt with hex values - 7k)
          > >
          > > http://skawina.eu.org/ergb.zip
          > >
          > > Run this on file:
          > > let i = 1
          > > while i <= line('$')
          > > if getline(i) =~ '\s*\d'
          > > let syncolor = 'ergb'.i
          > > let color = matchstr(getline(i), ' #\zs[A-F0-9]\{3,6}')
          > > exe 'syn match '.syncolor.' " #'.color.' "'
          > > exe 'hi '.syncolor.' guibg=#'.color
          > > endif
          > > let i = i + 1
          > > endwhile
          > >
          > > Areas after LightSkyBlue and gray51.
          >
          > What do you mean with "Run this on file"?

          write this to other file and later :source in ergb.txt

          > What is the problem?

          Vim cannot display all colors.

          > Note that Vim can only display a limited number of colors at the same
          > time (about 223).

          OK.

          m.
          Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 26 Nov)
          http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
          Are You There?