6.2 Hangs on QNX (was Problem compiling vim 6.2 on QNX)

  • Stephen Rasku
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
      That works. Thanks.

      However it seems to suffer from the same problem in that it hangs
      sometimes when it tries to run an external program. See:

      http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-dev&m=106996682921635&w=2

      In that message, it says the problem occurs when I try and open a new
      file. However, I think the real problem is because it does auto
      commands which cause it to run an external program.

      ...Stephen

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
        Hi Stephen,

        > However it seems to suffer from the same problem in that it hangs
        > sometimes when it tries to run an external program. See:
        >
        > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-dev&m=106996682921635&w=2
        >
        > In that message, it says the problem occurs when I try and open a new
        > file. However, I think the real problem is because it does auto
        > commands which cause it to run an external program.

        I suspect your problem is a pty issue in QNX 6.1. Put 'set noguipty'
        in your .vimrc and see if it helps.

        Julian
      • Stephen Rasku
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2003
          I haven't had a problem all day. It seems to have worked. Thanks.

          ...Stephen