Re: Superfluous blank lines inserted with :a, :i and :c

  • Haakon Riiser
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      There's definitely something wrong with the :change command. Again,
      here's the example I provided in my first mail:

      > $ cat testfile
      > foo
      > $ vim -u NONE testfile
      > :change
      > bar
      > .
      >
      > Results in the following buffer:
      >
      > -----BEGIN-----
      > bar
      >
      > -----END-----

      After doing the above, continue as follows:

      :2d
      :change
      hello world
      .

      Now it actually looks like the buffer only contains _one_ line,
      that is:

      hello world

      because the line after it contains only '~', and is highlighted
      as NonText. However, there _is_ a blank line there (although
      invisible), because you can move the cursor to the '~' line, and
      when the buffer is saved, Vim reports that the buffer contains
      two lines.

      --
      Haakon