Re: UTF8 on KDE3 (GTK vim)

  • GI
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
      > When I do this, the font does change - but I cannot see my Hebrew text.
      > Try inputing character 0x05d4 (Ctrl-V u05d4) and see if you can see the
      > character. I see only blank spaces :-<

      it works fine for me! (i get a funny O with an accent on top. is that
      the correct charector?)

      i run redhat 9.0 with gvim 6.2. it works for me with gfn set to both
      Monospace\ 12 and Fixed\ 18.

      Maybe its a problem with the installed fonts on your machine?

      GI
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
        Dnia Monday 01 of December 2003 02:25, Ron Aaron napisaƂ:
        > On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 08:46:19PM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
        > > Proper value for this font is:
        > > se gfn=Fixed\ 18
        >
        > When I do this, the font does change - but I cannot see my Hebrew text.
        > Try inputing character 0x05d4 (Ctrl-V u05d4) and see if you can see the
        > character. I see only blank spaces :-<
        >
        > > Note: some combinations of gtk2 and fontconfig wern't compatible with
        > > this font. I like it because IMO this is best utf-8 font for Linux.
        > > There are several other utf-enabled fonts (sorry don't remember
        > > names), eventually you can import from Windows Courier New (but it
        > > have narrower choice of glyphs).
        >
        > What codepages does it cover? Perhaps that is my problem... ah,
        > according to the web page, code 0x05xx is not yet covered :-<

        Courier New? I don't know. But misc-fixed covers 0x05xx.
        Screenshot at priv.

        m.