Re: Dead keys

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
      Steve Hall wrote:

      > On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 10:34, Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
      > >
      > > AFAIK, Vim doesn't know anything about dead keys.
      >
      > A user of Cream just mailed me and found that :set imdisable breaks
      > his dead keys in gvim 6.2.127, GTK2-enabled. (Sorry, don't know the
      > platform or details, but can get more if needed.)
      >
      > Months ago, I questioned this list about how to restore a broken
      > Shift+Space combination with GTK2 and :set imdisable proved the fix.
      > But this apparently conflicts with at least some users dead keys.
      >
      > Any clues on how to resolve this confict? Is this really a bug?
      >
      > (Please cc: Elias on this so he can tag along.)

      The GTK 2 code still has a few problems. When using an input method
      some of the "normal" input processing is skipped. This is caused by
      these lines in key_press_event():

      #ifdef FEAT_XIM
      if (xim_queue_key_press_event(event))
      return TRUE;
      #endif

      This means all the following special key processing may be skipped.

      I would appreciate it when someone who has understanding of GTK 2 would
      try to find a solution.

      --
      An easy way to determine if you have enough teamwork to be doomed is simply to
      measure how long it takes from the time you decide to go to lunch together