Re: Patch 6.2.140

  • Norbert Tretkowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      * Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Patch 6.2.140 (after 6.2.121)
      > Problem: Mac: Compiling with Python and Perl doesn't work.
      > Solution: Adjust the configure check for Python to use "-framework Python"
      > for Python 2.3 on Mac OS/X.
      > Move "-ldl" after "DynaLoader.a" in the link command.
      > Change "perllibs" to "PERL_LIBS".
      > Files: src/auto/configure, src/configure.in, src/config.mk.in

      This patch breakes perl support on Linux.

      ,----
      | gcc -L/usr/local/lib -o vim objects/buffer.o objects/charset.o
      | objects/diff.o objects/digraph.o objects/edit.o objects/eval.o
      | objects/ex_cmds.o objects/ex_cmds2.o objects/ex_docmd.o
      | objects/ex_eval.o objects/ex_getln.o objects/fileio.o objects/fold.o
      | objects/getchar.o objects/if_cscope.o objects/if_xcmdsrv.o
      | objects/main.o objects/mark.o objects/memfile.o objects/memline.o
      | objects/menu.o objects/message.o objects/misc1.o objects/misc2.o
      | objects/move.o objects/mbyte.o objects/normal.o objects/ops.o
      | objects/option.o objects/os_unix.o objects/pathdef.o
      | objects/quickfix.o objects/regexp.o objects/screen.o
      | objects/search.o objects/syntax.o objects/tag.o objects/term.o
      | objects/ui.o objects/undo.o objects/window.o
      | objects/netbeans.o objects/version.o -lncurses -lnsl -lgpm
      | -ldl @PERL_LIBS@
      | gcc: @PERL_LIBS@: No such file or directory
      `----

      Option --enable-perlinterp worked fine with 6.2.139.

      --
      - nobse
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        Norbert Tretkowski wrote:

        > * Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Patch 6.2.140 (after 6.2.121)
        > > Problem: Mac: Compiling with Python and Perl doesn't work.
        > > Solution: Adjust the configure check for Python to use "-framework Python"
        > > for Python 2.3 on Mac OS/X.
        > > Move "-ldl" after "DynaLoader.a" in the link command.
        > > Change "perllibs" to "PERL_LIBS".
        > > Files: src/auto/configure, src/configure.in, src/config.mk.in
        >
        > This patch breakes perl support on Linux.
        >
        > ,----
        > | gcc -L/usr/local/lib -o vim objects/buffer.o objects/charset.o
        > | objects/diff.o objects/digraph.o objects/edit.o objects/eval.o
        > | objects/ex_cmds.o objects/ex_cmds2.o objects/ex_docmd.o
        > | objects/ex_eval.o objects/ex_getln.o objects/fileio.o objects/fold.o
        > | objects/getchar.o objects/if_cscope.o objects/if_xcmdsrv.o
        > | objects/main.o objects/mark.o objects/memfile.o objects/memline.o
        > | objects/menu.o objects/message.o objects/misc1.o objects/misc2.o
        > | objects/move.o objects/mbyte.o objects/normal.o objects/ops.o
        > | objects/option.o objects/os_unix.o objects/pathdef.o
        > | objects/quickfix.o objects/regexp.o objects/screen.o
        > | objects/search.o objects/syntax.o objects/tag.o objects/term.o
        > | objects/ui.o objects/undo.o objects/window.o
        > | objects/netbeans.o objects/version.o -lncurses -lnsl -lgpm
        > | -ldl @PERL_LIBS@
        > | gcc: @PERL_LIBS@: No such file or directory
        > `----
        >
        > Option --enable-perlinterp worked fine with 6.2.139.

        That's strange, it works just fine for me. Are you sure patching
        src/auto/configure worked properly? No rejected bits? The essential
        line is:

        s%@PERL_LIBS@%$PERL_LIBS%g

        Should be around line 8200.

        --
        ARTHUR: If you do not open these doors, we will take this castle by force ...
        [A bucket of slops land on ARTHUR. He tries to retain his dignity.]

      • Norbert Tretkowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
          * Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
          >
          > > * Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > > > Patch 6.2.140 (after 6.2.121)
          > > > Problem: Mac: Compiling with Python and Perl doesn't work.
          > > > Solution: Adjust the configure check for Python to use "-framework Python"
          > > > for Python 2.3 on Mac OS/X.
          > > > Move "-ldl" after "DynaLoader.a" in the link command.
          > > > Change "perllibs" to "PERL_LIBS".
          > > > Files: src/auto/configure, src/configure.in, src/config.mk.in
          > >
          > > This patch breakes perl support on Linux.
          >
          > That's strange, it works just fine for me. Are you sure patching
          > src/auto/configure worked properly? No rejected bits? The essential
          > line is:
          >
          > s%@PERL_LIBS@%$PERL_LIBS%g
          >
          > Should be around line 8200.

          ARGH, forget my last mail, something really strange happened on my
          system.

          Sorry, Norbert

          --
          - nobse