Re: Patch - Win32 GVIM (SW_INVALIDATE)

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 3, 2003
      Hi,

      On 3 Oct 2003 at 14:06, Michael Wookey wrote:

      > I've tidied up this patch based upon the feedback received so far and obtained
      > some benchmarks.

      The patch looks good to me.

      > Some benchmarks:
      >
      > set lines=60
      > :e [various files below]
      > CTRL+w s
      >
      > With a split screen I obtained the following timings for scrolling through the
      > entire file via CTRL+f held down:
      >
      > src/screen.c
      > with patch: 33 seconds
      > without patch: 148 seconds
      >
      > src/option.c
      > with patch: 37 seconds
      > without patch: 165 seconds
      >
      > src/eval.c
      > with patch: 36 seconds
      > without patch: 179 seconds
      >
      > cheers

      You do really have a slow laptop . This should make people on lower
      powered Windows machines a lot happoer I would think.

      TTFN

      Mike
      --
      Cthulhu loves you - with ketchup.
    • Michael Wookey
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 9, 2003
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Also check what happens if part of the Vim window extends to below the
        > screen and then scroll up the text (with commands, scrollbar or mouse
        > scroll wheel).

        Helmut's patch works correctly with overlapping windows. It is simply slow. When
        gvim is obscured by the task bar, it will leave "text trails" while scrolling,
        but redraw correctly when scrolling stops.

        cheers