Size of vimlogo.xpm :)

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hello,

      I am playing lately with xpm format and look into existing
      examples. I looked into vimlogo.xpm from standard sources
      and noticed graphic is declared twice. Removing of one of them
      nothing breaks. Size of Vim distribution can be reduced 8k. Yay :)

      m.
      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 12 Sep)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      Are You There?
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2003
        Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

        > I am playing lately with xpm format and look into existing
        > examples. I looked into vimlogo.xpm from standard sources
        > and noticed graphic is declared twice. Removing of one of them
        > nothing breaks. Size of Vim distribution can be reduced 8k. Yay :)

        Where did you find these two copies?

        --
        Ed's Radiator Shop: The Best Place in Town to Take a Leak.

      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2003
          Dnia Friday 03 of October 2003 12:05, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
          > Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
          > > I am playing lately with xpm format and look into existing
          > > examples. I looked into vimlogo.xpm from standard sources
          > > and noticed graphic is declared twice. Removing of one of them
          > > nothing breaks. Size of Vim distribution can be reduced 8k. Yay :)
          >
          > Where did you find these two copies?

          In file vimlogo.xpm itself. Everything is repeated.

          static char *vimlogo[] = { with whole description }

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2003
            Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

            > Dnia Friday 03 of October 2003 12:05, Bram Moolenaar napisa┬│:
            > > Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
            > > > I am playing lately with xpm format and look into existing
            > > > examples. I looked into vimlogo.xpm from standard sources
            > > > and noticed graphic is declared twice. Removing of one of them
            > > > nothing breaks. Size of Vim distribution can be reduced 8k. Yay :)
            > >
            > > Where did you find these two copies?
            >
            > In file vimlogo.xpm itself. Everything is repeated.
            >
            > static char *vimlogo[] = { with whole description }

            That's weird. Don't know how this happened. It's easy to fix.

            --
            From "know your smileys":