RE: Patch - Win32 GVIM (SW_INVALIDATE)

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 2, 2003
      It appears to work for Win16 too (at least doesn't
      break anything)

      I tried scrolling through the tags file on a vanilla
      and patched build - hard to be precise as my machine
      is too fast ;)

      I got the impression that a slight speedup (10%) was
      evident, but this was using the high-precision timer
      of my watch's second hand ;)

    • Michael Wookey
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 9, 2003
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Also check what happens if part of the Vim window extends to below the
        > screen and then scroll up the text (with commands, scrollbar or mouse
        > scroll wheel).

        Helmut's patch works correctly with overlapping windows. It is simply slow. When
        gvim is obscured by the task bar, it will leave "text trails" while scrolling,
        but redraw correctly when scrolling stops.

        cheers